Monday, October 20, 2008

Fall Break!

It was so nice to be out for Fall Break! We worked so much outside and got a lot done. I think our yard is just about winterized. I still need to get rid of our junk pile on the side of the house and the pile of stuff in the garden and then it will be ready. The kids were great and helped so much! We were able to get the garden all cleaned out. They pulled out all the tomato plants and raked and picked up tomatoes. It was a big job. We also pulled out some bushes and a tree. One of the bushes was pretty big and the kids had fun jumping on it trying to get the branches to break. The funny thing was Joshua thought he saw a snake and wouldn't go near it after that. The kids thought it was fun to put the branches in the junk pile. When I finally got the trunk dug up from the big bush, they all gave me a cheer! I couldn't believe how hard that thing was to get out, but I finally conquered it after a lot of ax swinging and digging. It made me think about our testimonies and how they should be anchored in Christ. That bush always had water because it was right by the sprinkler and from where it was planted it always had light. Both light and water have reference to Christ and it just made me think we should be that firm in our testimonies. It took a lot of effort to get it out and hopefully if our testimonies are secure and we keep drinking from the well of living water and seeking the light, our roots will continue to grow even deeper so Satan will have no power to uproot or sever. :::my deep thought for the day::: We also did various othe things over the weekend, but the yard was the main focus. Thanks to my kids for all their hard work! Next weekend I think we'll play!!

1 comment:

mary said...

Julia, you are inspiring! Both for your hard work in your yard (which I desperately need to do) and for your gospel analogy! Thanks for inspiring us all!