Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Happy Birthday, Emily!


It's hard to realize that 19 years has passed. Thinking through the years and all that has happened ... dark brown hair, little goat cry, smiling, waiting for her to grow to fit into all those cute outfits I got at the baby shower, long nights, rocking back and forth on hands and knees knowing that it would soon turn into a crawl, teething, walking, running, holding her bottle in her mouth as she would run and play, hot dogs and cheese, talking, putting grasshoppers into her mouth and freaking her mother out, mischevious little smiles, sleeping in the laundry basket, first talk in primary, bunkbeds, preschool, projects, fun songs, long brown hair, kindergarten, reading, flirting with cute boys at such a young age, adored by teachers, baptism, braces, loving outdoors, climbing, hiking, middle school, saxophone, friends, young women, girls camp, activities, growing up, jazz band, "organized mess", high school, dances, dating, taller than mom, high jump, Aspen Ridge, Young Womanhood, blessings, driving, job, football games, track, grades, leadership opportunities, beautiful young woman, graduation, college ... yes, it really does seem that fast. Thank you for all the good times, Emily! You add so much to our lives and our family! You are beautiful! We love you!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I have been struggling with the fact she is 19 too!!! I forgot about her cute little goat cry, funny!!!

mary said...

Happy, Happy Birthday to Emily, dear! Hope you have a fabulous birthday!

Camille said...

I hate to think that my child will be 19 before I know it....Emily is such a great girl...She will do great things in this life!!!! You and Mike are too young to have 19 year old!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Julia I'm having a hard time giving up breastfeeding (is that okay to say) I don't know what I'm going to do when my babies grow up and move out, I just know I'll be a wreck. She's such a wonderful person. Happy Birthday Emily!

Emily said...

What a sweet tribute to Emily for her birthday! Happy birthday Emily!!!

Michelle said...

What a great summary and a FAST 19 years. I vividly remember standing outside the birthing room and hearing the dr. say she's here! We thought we were in front of the wrong room because Mike insisted it was a boy!
Where has the time gone?
Michelle