Monday, July 6, 2009

Oquirrh Mountain Temple



On Friday we went to see the Oquirrh Mountain Temple Open House. We were able to see a short movie about temples and why they are so important. There were a lot of poeple visiting and we were able to enjoy the surrounding beauty of the temple grounds for a while. The boys were very patient as we inched closer and closer to the entrance. The inside of the temple was amazing! Not only because of how beautiful it was, but because of the peaceful beautiful spirit that was so abundant. The temple has such an amazing spirit there ... even when you are walking through sharing the moment with hundreds of other people. It's a feeling of warmth and goodness, love, gratitude, holiness, and peace all wrapped into one. It's hard to describe with words. The temple is a place you have to experience yourself and then you will know. I am so grateful for temples! I know it is the House of the Lord. I'm grateful to enter there and make sacred covenants and participate in sacred ordinances. I know these things are eternal in nature. I know that the family is central to our Heavenly Father's Plan of Happiness ... because of the temple, I can have my family forever. What a great blessing in my life!

2 comments:

The Medsker Family said...

You should ask Julia about the poor man she scared in the line while were waiting to enter the temple.

Suffice it to say she got a nice man and I confused and when she snuggled up to him he was a little worried. He and his wife skipped the movie to put a little distance between us all.

Julia said...

I knew you were going to bring that up! IT WAS AN ACCIDENT!!!